Tips for Running a Successful EDDM Campaign
There’s a lot that goes into running an EDDM campaign, but if you work with a local print shop that specializes in EDDM, they can help you make the most out of your budget. Below are some tips for running a successful EDDM campaign.
Send High Quality Mailers
You will want to make sure that your mailer sticks out above the rest. To do that, you’ll need to make sure that the quality of the paper is right.
- Use 14 pt paper
- Opt for spot UV coated EDDM postcards. This is a clear varnish that is applied to specific areas of the postcard to give it more dimension.
Create a Design that Converts
Before running your EDDM campaign, you’ll want to think about what your goals are. Here are a few common goals for EDDM campaigns:
- Increase foot traffic
- Increase phone calls (if you plan to increase phone calls, we recommend using call tracking to create a new number just for that campaign – this helps with reporting the success of the campaign)
- Promote a new service
- Run a holiday promotion
- Get traffic to your website
How you define your goal will help guide you in your mailer design. Here are a few tips for designing an EDDM piece:
- Make your call-to-action large and easy to see
- Include a bold headline introducing your business
- Make your contact information large and noticeable – this includes your phone number, address, and website URL
- Don’t make the postcard design too busy – try to keep it clean and simple so that your customers know what you want them to do.
Create a Follow-Up Campaign
If your goal was to get traffic to your website, we highly recommend creating a custom landing page for that campaign.
Doing so will allow you to track the success of that mailer and then run retargeting ads that visit your website. This helps to extend the life of your campaign to longer than just reaching a customer’s mailbox.
Work with a Local EDDM Company
If you do a quick Google search about EDDM mailings, you’ll see a lot of content about creating and sending your own EDDM postcards online. However, this might not be the best approach – especially if it’s your first time running an Every Door Direct Mail campaign.
A local EDDM printing company can assist you with all of the above topics: sending high-quality mailers, creating a design that converts and can help you with the entire process to make it less stressful overall.